We’re glad you are interested in becoming a Life Group Leader!
Life Groups are an integral part of what we do as a a church. It is our desire to be a local church where people can find a place to belong, and Life Groups are one of the best ways we accomplish that. We believe Life Groups provide people with a unique opportunity to experience community and grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Life Groups could not exist without leaders (like you!) who are committed to Jesus and passionate about helping others to follow Him. As a Life Group Leader, your main role is to invite others to follow you as you follow Jesus. You don’t have to have all the answers-you simply have to be growing in your own followership of Christ. Your relationship with Jesus-the ways he is stretching you, the things he is teaching you, the ways he is expanding your heart for the lost and for the world around us-all of this is the place from which you will lead and help others to grow. We as a staff team are committed to walking with you as your personally follow Jesus and are excited to partner with you in helping others follow Him.
Below is a description of our Life Group Leaders commitment and a link to our application for Life Group leadership. Once you have submitted the application, a staff member will follow up with you within two weeks of receiving your application. If you have any additional questions, please email us either at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
With joy in partnering with you,
Fusion Community Life Pastors
Life Group Leader’s Commitment:
As a Fusion Life Group Leader, we ask that you commit to the following:
Expectations of a Life Group Leader:
1) Be a believer in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, have a personal, growing relationship with Him and get baptized as a symbol of that relationship if you have not already done so.
[Matthew 22:37-38, Colossians 2:12-15]
2) Recognize the Bible as the authority for your life and seek ways to develop and deepen your knowledge of God’s word. [2 Timothy 3:16-17]
3) Be committed to praying for those you lead and for Fusion and Christian Assembly as a whole.
[1 Timothy 2:1]
4) Practice a consistent pattern of financial giving to the purpose of God in the local church and in the outward work of God’s Kingdom. [Matthew 6:19-21]
5) Follow through on commitments that you make to your group and to the church staff. [Psalm 89:34]
6) Pursue sobriety from addictive substances and behaviors. [1 Corinthians 6:12]
7) Observe the Biblical boundaries of sexual purity. Christian marriage is between a man and a woman and sex is an expression of that covenant, not to be practiced outside of marriage. [1 Thessalonians 4:1-8]
Requirements of a Life Group Leader:
1) Make Christian Assembly your home church.
2) Meet with one of the Fusion Community Life Pastors periodically throughout the year so that you can be equipped, cared for, and prayed for as you shepherd your group.
3) Commit to the mission of Christian Assembly and Fusion:
“God’s grace compels is to lead spiritually convinced and unconvinced people to complete commitment to Jesus Christ.”
Interested? Begin the application process by filling out a Life Group Leader Application (fillable PDF). You can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or a community life pastor. Note: Save the form to your desktop first to ensure that your answers save correctly.